School of Electronics Engineering (SENSE)
- Congratulations to our 2nd year B.Tech Electronics & Computer Engineering student Mr.Shoham Sengupta (Regno: 16BLC1001). His idea has bagged the 1st prize “Google Pixel 2” in the WiFi ThinkFestv2.0 contest conducted by Mojo networks & Nanocell networks. He has won the 1st prize for his innovative idea contributing to BharatWIFI among 500+ registrations and 70+ ideas from across the globe. A panel of jury screened the idea and shortlisted 5 ideas. Those ideas got a chance to present at 5th WiFi Knowledge Summit and top 3 winners were announced.
- Soham Sengupta II Year ECM has made us all proud with his award-winning idea that featured in the following media report coverage in DT Next basis. About DT Next: DT Next is a part of Dina Thanthi, which is the largest circulated newspaper in Tamil Nadu, and is also the 5th largest read newspaper in the country.
- Dr. Srikanth, Chief Knowledge Officer, Nanocell Networks presenting the prize “Google Pixel” to the WIFI ThinkFest v2 Contest Winner Mr.Shoham Sengupta during the National Level Seminar Event “WIFI Knowledge Express” conducted in our VIT Chennai Campus on March 24, 2018 (Saturday).
- The Optical Society of America (OSA), Student Chapter VIT Chennai is happy to share that Mr. Mayur Sonthalia (16BLC1059 – II Year B. Tech ECM, SENSE), Chapter Secretary represents our Chapter in the Student Leadership Conference (SLC) and Frontiers in Optics/Laser Science 2018, held in Washington Hilton, Washington D.C, USA during 14-20, September 2018. The VIT Chennai OSA Student Chapter has been sending student representatives to SLC in last four consecutive years since its inception.
- Mr. Mayur Sonthalia is awarded with full travel grant to represent the VIT Chennai OSA Student Chapter in the SLC, Washington D.C, USA. The travel grant sponsored by the Optical Society of America (OSA) Student Leadership Council, includes roundtrip air fare, Housing, complementary registration to Frontiers in Optics (FiO)/Laser Science 2018.
- The OSA VIT Chennai Chapter was founded in our campus in November 2014. The chapter provides information and inspiring interactions that power achievements in the science of light, to our budding engineers. Students thereby get an opportunity to network amongst their international peers, facilitating their professional and personal success, instilling the best practices to drive their career forward.
Past recipients of the OSA SLC travel grant from VIT Chennai
- SLC and FiO/LS, Washington Hilton, Washington D.C, USA (September 2017)
- Mr. Parmar Harshdeepsinh (16BEC1185) B. Tech ECE, SENSE)
- SLC and FiO/LS, Rochester, New York, USA
- Mr. Srivatsa Rajesh, B.Tech, ECE, SENSE
SLC and FiO/LS, San Jose, California, USA
- 1. Ms. Sonika Oberoi, B.Tech, ECE, SENSE
- 2. Mr. Praveen Phinehas M, Research Scholar, SENSE
Dr. Anith Nelleri(Associate Professor)
Faculty Advisor, Optical Society of America (OSA), VIT Chennai Chapter.School of Electronics Engineering | VIT Chennai
- Sonikha Oberoi — Awarded the Best student award for her achievement by the OSA Foundation. Nominated as Executive Committee Officer of the prestigious Polarization Technical Group at Optical Society of America (OSA), Washington D.C, USA. She has won GV special achiever award in 2016
- Arikatla Sanjay– “Smart E-Meter”-This project has been selected for “Driving Innovation: HACKATHON 2016” conducted by “Make In India” which was held in IIT Bombay. This event has been live streamed in official Make in India Youtube channel. He was interviewed by CNN-IBN.
- Purushottam Gupta — The first ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineering) Innovation Contest which drew entries from around the world, with practitioners, project managers, educators, researchers, and students attracted to the challenge of developing and submitting their most creative and innovative ideas for reshaping infrastructure. Our student is one of the top 15 Winners in two awards categories Best Value
- Best Student Innovation (tie)
Title:“Advanced Drone Technology to Handle Disaster in Underground Construction and Mining Sites”
- Pawar Bhaskar Bhanudas, Nikhil M N and Desai Nitin Sadashiv — Winner of Microsoft competition [Hackathon Openness Day 2016] held at Hyderabad. Their project is selected in top 10 best projects.
- S.Vetrivel (M.Tech by Research) — Won III prize in the International Conference on Nanomaterials & Nanotechnology, 7-10 Dec 2015 for his paper entitled “Design & Simulation of a doubly clamped Accelerometer with Integrated silicon nanowire piezoresistors” held at K.S.Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode in association with World Class University, GiST, South Korea.
- The Team “Airavata” participated and won Fourth Rank in University CanSat Challenge 2015-16 conducted by the Applied Research and Development Laboratories (ARDL), Bangalore.
Ketan Gupta (Team Leader), Yashvardhan , Amarendra Rout and Manmeet Singh with Dr.M.Jagannath as faculty advisor.
- Kothareddy Charan Thej Reddy secured 93rd rank in All India level in GATE-2016.
- Ishwarya Rajkumar III Year Student (2016-17) of School of Electronics Engineering VIT Chennai has been selected for the ACM Student Research Competition 2016 to be held at Houston Texas USA during the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing organised by the Anita Borg Institute for Women in Technology and the Association for Computing Machinery. The Competition is sponsored by Microsoft Research USA and is scheduled on October 19, 2016. The research work “Smart Fabric for Foetal Monitoring” – a sensor based approach to detect abnormality in foetal movements in real-time was guided by Dr. Susan Elias Associate Professor School of Electronics Engineering VIT Chennai. ACM’s SRC Travel Award of 500 USD has been granted for the travel expenses.
1.Dr.M.Suchetha, Associate Professor, School of Electronics Engineering, received 4 medals and silver coin for publication of 4 research papers in IEEE Journals/Transactions on IEEE day celebration by IEEE madras section for the year 2018-2019
2.Dr. G. Velmathi, Professor, School of Electronics Engineering has won the Best Faculty award for her exemplary teaching commitment, dedication and motivation during Academic year 2017-18
3.Dr. Sofana Reka.S has been appointed as associate editor for IEEE Access journal from 25th Oct’18
4.Dr.M.Jagannath was conferred with Young Scientist Award from International Journal for Research Under Literal Access Accredited with, “Idamas Learning and Training Centre (Malaysia)” in the year 2018
5.Dr.K.Suganthi was awarded outstanding reviewer of Journal of Digital Communication Networks, Elsevier, October 2018
6.Dr.M.Jagannath received Best Academic Researcher of the Year 2017 from the Office of the Prime Minister of the Republic of India.
7.Dr. G. Velmathi, Professor, School of Electronics Engineering has won the Best Faculty award for her exemplary teaching commitment, dedication and motivation during Academic year 2017-18
8.Dr. A. Ravi Sankar of the SCHOOL OF ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING has won the CTS award for his overall exemplary commitment, dedication and motivation during the Academic Year 2017 – 18
9.Dr. M.Suchetha received FICCI-FLO Women Achiever’s award of outstanding professional 2017-2018
10.Dr. Susan Elias, Associate Professor, SENSE and faculty coordinator, VITeach received the best club- Social outreach category during University day 2018
11.Dr. V S Kanchana Bhaaskaran was felicitated with the prestigious ‘India’s Top Higher Education Leadership Award’ on 11-12 August 2017 in Le Meridien, New Delhi,during the 10th World Education Summit 2017.
12.Dr. Suchetha M received Young Researcher – Bio-Signal Processing from the integrated Intelligent Research, India.
13.Dr. Sofana Reka S was shortlisted for Indian Smart Grid mission programme (ISGAN ) discussion from National Smart Grid Mission,Ministry of power, Government of India among 11 countries depending on the smart grid research work on November 14th,
14.Dr.S.Subashini – appointed as a vice-chairman for a working group “Communication Technologies in M2M/IOT domain” by Department of Telecommunications, Govt. India.
15.Dr. M. Jagannath – Indiragandhi Sadbhavna Gold Medal Award-2014 from Global Economic Progress & Research Association, New Delhi
16.Dr.M.Jagannath received Research Award for research acumen and hard work behind research contribution in the years 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 from VIT University Chennai.
17.Dr.M.Jagannath received Best Circuit Faculty of the Year 2017 from the South Indian Association of Scientists, Developers and Faculties Award, India.
18.Dr.M.Jagannath received Best Researcher – Biomedical Engineering from the Integrated Intelligent Research, India, 2018
19.Dr.M.Jagannath received Bright Researcher Award 2017 from the International Institute of Organized Research, India – Australia.